"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved"
Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Quilts Quilts Quilts by Jeanne


I attended the Utah Quilt Guild's 30th Annual Quilt Festival this past week. They offer classes from morning til night. I had a class each day for the full four days. The classes were wonderful. I sometimes think my skills lie in the professional student status, always seeing something else I want to learn to do, but never fully mastering the last. The classes I enjoyed the most were the ones centered around Art in Quilting. I'd love to create a quilt without using someone else's pattern something out of a scene that took my breath away.


Colt is the next in line to get a twin sized quilt made by Grandma, then Addison, Campbell, and now Presley. So, I guess I'd better get busy!




4 comments:

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Mom, you are officially a blogger!! Welcome to the club! That picture doesn't even look like a quilt, it looks like a painting or something, it's amazing!

Melissa said...

Mom, I don't know why but I am crying as I write this post! You are so talented and I love that about you! We are EXACTLY alike, I also always think everyone else is better at stuff than I am too! You are an amazing artist and have been proving that to me my whole entire life!! I would so love to see you make a quilt like the ones you are talking about! I can only imagine a mixture of your beautiful watercolors and amazing quilts! I love you mom!!! You are the best and such an inspiration to me!!
Melissa

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Mom,
I saw a blog today with a pretty quilt on it and I thought I should tell you that if you want to you can search for quilting blogs and see what other people are doing and get fun ideas.

Melissa said...

Hey Mom,
I keep checking! I would love to see some more post:)
Love,
Melissa