"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved"
Thomas S. Monson

Friday, October 19, 2007

I Promised Pictures

This post won’t make much sense unless you read the previous post. Hopefully this will help you understand what’s been happening around our house the last couple days. As you can see by the first picture, we actually started some work before it was taken since the original wood frame and light fixture in the center of kitchen have been down for months because the florescent fixtures were going out and we knew we would be doing this so we couldn’t bring ourselves to replace the bad ones. In addition the light over the sink has been disassembled for some time.


(Click on any photo to see it full size)

On Wednesday morning we started by taking out the upper cupboards and storing them downstairs. In the second photo you can see the fridge is also gone and all the stuff from inside is on the counter.



As my previous post indicated, one of the biggest time users was getting the attic insulation removed. After hours of blowing it around and then sucking it up with the shop vac and moving it to different parts of the attic, we then started removing some of the drywall off the ceiling and blowing it away and then sucking it up and bagging it to be put back in later. Melissa thought that we had had so much fun she wanted to try it too.



Finally you can see the kitchen with almost all of the dropped ceiling removed. I say almost because if you look closely you will see that some of the 2X6s remain with wires running into them. Before I could remove the boards I had to take the wires out so I could put them down through the tops of the walls. The final picture shows with the drywall removed and the electrical boxes etc. exposed.



Again, I can't thank Melissa and Jeff enough. They truly saved us on this one.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Dad, we are really happy to help! It has been FUN! Just seeing those pictures makes me want to come over right now and get cracking!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I can't believe that is your kitchen! You guys have really been busy!
It can't be easy to have your kitchen all torn up, especially since it is in the middle of your house.
Thanks so much for taking and posting pictures!! I still wish I was there to be a part of it but now at least I can watch it happen on your blog. Love you guys!