"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved"
Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Our Baby Girl

Do you remember November 20th 1980. I do. Jeanne's doctor told us that if our baby hadn't been born by then he would induce labor. I was pretty excited and so I made sure I didn't have any appointments that day. You see, I had my own photo studio in downtown Ogden, and I was the chief photographer. All photos were done by appointment, so I made sure I was clear for the day. In to the hospital we went. Jeanne was preped and the drugs to induce labor began dripping into her veins. Then, we waited, and waited and waaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiited. The doctor forgot to tell me that sometimes it took many many hours before the baby was born. Turns out I should have kept my calendar clean for two days, not just one. The problem was, we made most of our money in November and Early December as people had family and personal portraits done for Christmas. So, on November 21st I'm back in the studio taking photos and still no baby. Jeanne's up at the hospital, just relaxing and enjoying life laying in the bed with the IV still dripping and her older sister Joanie is there to be with her. As I rembember it, I got a call somewhere around 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon that I'd better get to the hospital. I got there as fast as I could, but I was a little late, and so waiting for me was not just Jeanne, but Jeanne and our newest, and last, baby, Melissa. Melissa wasn't born with the best of health, turns out she had jaundice and so had to spend a few extra days in the hospital, and then we had to return every day or two for a few weeks to get her under the lamps. Then for the first year she was often sick and in pain from colic or something. After a few months of Melissa we decided she should be our last. But something magical happened at just about the one year mark and since then she has made up for that first year ten thousand times over. She has brought great joy to our lives and still does. We love you Melissa and wish you the very happiest of a

Happy Birthday


3 comments:

Jeff said...

Thanks for the post! Except we could have done without that photo in the middle... seriously!!
Who would have thought I could very well be sharing my 28th birthday with my FIRST baby! Pretty crazy!
Love you guys!
melissa

Scott Law said...

I love that photo of you. It stays.

Love, Dad

Jeanne Bee said...

I laughed through the whole article. It sure goes to show what you think and what you remember. I don't remember either of those two days of labor being anything but just that LABOR!!! We didn't visit Melissa in the hospital every couple of days I was up there with her most of the time I just slept at home. And it was only for about three or four days. Melissa wasn't sickley she just had colic (which did go on for a long time). Melissa was one of the sweetest babies! I hope Avery is just like her.
How quickly we for get!!
even you
Love Jeanne