
You bet, there is still plenty to do, but there is something about getting the sheet rock all back in place and closed in that makes it "kind of a milestone". In goes the last piece!! Yahoo!!
I had two days off in a row, yesterday and today, and I decided I really wanted to get the sheet rock finished so I started out with framing in the skylight. - It was sure nice to have Eric's nail gun set these last couple weeks. That helped a lot with putting in extra boards and getting any last touch framing done. - Once it was framed in I went ahead and sheet rocked it. I knew that the side walls would be a challenge because I wanted to do them in one piece and they were a pretty weird shape. Thanks to Jeanne's help in measuring and cutting it went in perfectly the first time. You don't have to look very close to see that there was a time span between the photo with just the framing and the photo with the sheet rock in.

In the first photo below you can clearly see the new sheet rock because of the different color. We certainly did not have to use green board, but that was what we had left over and it definitely does not hurt to use it. In the second picture you see the rest of the kitchen done in the green board. We only used green board because we are going to be putting wet stuff on it to put the back splash of stone on it.
Note: Just because we are in the middle of a remodel doesn't mean we can't find a place for the beautiful art our grandchildren send us! :-)
2 comments:
It's looking like a room again. In the last pictures (without sheet rock) it looked more like a cave. Nice work on the skylight, that must have been tricky to measure mom. It is so fun to watch it progress.
I love the artwork, you have some very talented grandchildren. :)
Love you guys!
I like the green. I think you should not paint it. The art work is the best though. Jeanne, all of that cutting out patterns pays off.
Post a Comment