"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved"
Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It Won't Be Long Now

When I married Jeanne I had a pretty good mustache. When I met her I actually had quite a handlebar mustache. As I look back at it now, I don't know how I got her to go out with me a second time, but she did. A few months after we had met I took a photo to give to her and even though I had been looking in the mirror with that mustache for some time, when I saw it in the photo it looked ridiculous to me so I cut off the handlebars and just kept it as a normal mustache. I didn't shave that off until Kathryn was about 18 months old, and when I went to get her out of her crib she wouldn't come to me at first. That was early 1980. I never grew facial hair again until around 2004, when I experimented with a goatee for about 4 weeks and then shaved it off. While Jeanne was away for a few days at BYU Education Week, I decided to try it again, and this one I've had for just over two months, though it seems longer. If you looked closely on any posts that included a photo with me in it over the past couple months you could see it but I thought I should get one good close up. I'm pulling a trick on a friend so it will be gone in a couple days, but I thought I should record it for posterity. As if posterity really cared.

3 comments:

outlaws said...

It's amazing how different you look with the goatee. Your hair hides the gray a lot better. Lol. I shaved mine off a couple months ago and to my dismay found that I had a serious double chin hiding under it so I decided the goatee will remain on my face for a while. Lol.

outlaws said...

I care Scott! :) Thanks for the picts, it is better than the one I got last time there. - Tamra

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

I noticed the new facial hair in your post about about your bikeride.
Looks good.