"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved"
Thomas S. Monson

Monday, August 9, 2010

Grandchildren and Camping

I haven't been very good at keeping this blog up to date, so this one is about a week late.  We headed up towards Monte Cristo or South Fork area on Sunday afternoon and Melissa, Jeff and Avery joined us for supper that evening.  We had planned to stay until Wednesday and Melissa was scheduled to have her baby on Friday and Jeanne was going to be there for that. 

Avery thought this camping stuff was pretty cool and was anxious to check everything out including making sure our camper was blocked safely etc.


When Monday evening rolled around we went looking for some pretty photos to take and while near Causey Dam we momentarily got cell phone service.  My phone let off several beeps and when I looked and saw that I had 6 text messages and some voice mail I knew something was up - I think I got about 6 text messages all last year - so 6 in one day meant something.  As expected we soon learned that Melissa had gone into the hospital and had her baby without her mom being there, which made her mom very sad.  We headed back down to camp. hooked up and loaded up and came home.

Then next day we went to the hospital and found this little darlin waiting for us.


Jane Ashleigh Leger

Avery is going to be a wonderful big sister and they are going to be the best of friends, just like Kathryn and Melissa.


Remember, you can click on any of these photos to make them larger.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

You guys have some beautiful grandchildren :-)

Melissa said...

Seriously, it only happened cuz you guys went camping and where out cell phone range:) To crazy!!
It was fun to visit you guys camping and as long as we can't stay with you we will have to at least visit.