To me Christmas is about the birth and life of Jesus Christ, and the best way to celebrate that is with family! Lately I've been feeling sorry for myself because two of my children and their families live far far away. Last year Dustin and family came and spent Christmas with us from Oregon, and even though we were in the middle of a remodel they never complained. It was so good to have them, but this year it would have to be phone calls to Oregon and Kentucky. Or at least that's what I thought. Yesterday evening, as we were sitting talking to some friends that dropped by, the doorbell rang (for the fourth time) and I said something to the effect, "Oh my gosh, who is it this time?" Jeanne volunteered to get the door and pretty soon I hear animated talk and her inviting them in. A few seconds later I catch movement out of the corner of my eye and as I turn and look I am shocked and joyfully surprised to see my son-in-law Trevor standing there, having just arrived from Kentucky after a 30 hour straight through drive. What a wonderful Christmas surprise!!!!
Apparently Melissa was happy to because she beat me to the punch on blogging about it, but fortunately, since she didn't know why she was really coming over, she didn't bring her camera. (Let that be a lesson to you Melissa - Be Prepared) But I was ready and so I get to be the first to publish photos of my two newest Grandchildren together for the first time in their lives. Born only 6 days apart and now still less than one month old. So here you go, one of the very first photos of them together.

Avery Leger (The petite little girl)-Left and Davis Grubbs(The big strapping boy)-Right
No comments:
Post a Comment