"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved"
Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

About 20 years ago, before we left for Germany, when both of our Mothers were still alive but widowed, we would invite them to spend the night at our house on Christmas eve, for alternating years. I always wondered if we were doing them a favor or they were doing us a favor. Well, if they enjoyed watching the children on Christmas morning as much as I do, then we were definately doing them the favor. For the last few years we have tried to go to one of our children's houses early Christmas morning and watch the children open their presents. We enjoyed it, and I hope they didn't mind too much. The last two years we have had the joy of having one of our out of town children stay with us for Christmas Eve. (And I use the word "joy" very intentionally.) This year not only did we have Kathryn and her family with us, but, thanks to Melissa, we also had Christmas brunch at our house. Everybody showed, with the exception of Dustin and Tamra as they are in Oregon. For Jeanne it was a lot of work, but I think she enjoyed it, and I know I did. I LOVED IT. I don't show my joy very well when they are here, but I truly do love it. I just kind of sit there and take it all in. Here are some photos that I took today of some of the grandchildren that I love so much!!!



No comments: