"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved"
Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We Won't Soon Forget The Forgotten Carols


A few years ago Jeanne bought the book and the cassette tapes of The Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean. The tapes were read and sung by the distinctive voice of Glenn Yarborough. I really enjoyed listening then and reading along. This year when I saw that the live performance was coming to town with the lead played by the author I decided to get tickets and attend. Since I was getting tickets anyway I decided to go ahead and buy four so we could take somebody with us. Last night was the big night and Eric and Jannica joined us for the evening. We went out to eat and then to the performance. I think all four of us had a wonderful time. Jeanne and I have talked about it all last evening and many times today. As a matter of fact we had such a great experience we have decided to try to make it a tradition and go each year with different ones of our children and their spouses. At first when it started I frankly wondered if I would enjoy it as much as I hoped but as it went on there was something that really touched me that I can't even explain. I really loved it. We had such a nice time with Eric and Jannica last night that I find myself looking forward to next year already.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Was it at Weber State? Chantel and Ashely went and they said it was so so good too! Sounds like a fun tradition!

Scott Law said...

No, it was clear down in SLC at Cottonwood High School Auditorium.