"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved"
Thomas S. Monson

Monday, September 14, 2009

For Better or For Worse

Originally posted Feb 15, 2008

I was catching just a little news on the TV when they were interviewing the "man on the street" in the cold north states that have suffered a severe and protracted winter.  When asked why he wasn't complaining one man said that as bad as the weather and winter had been, complaining would only make him feel worse and more susceptible to depression and illness.  He was correct.  Complaining over something you have no control will never ever make it better and it will only make you weaker and worse off than you were.  If there is something you can do to improve the situation, no matter how slightly, do that, if not, then focus on good things.  I'm sure you've heard the proverbial prayer that goes something like this: "Dear God, give me the courage to face the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

It's your choice.

No comments: