Originally posted Sep. 13, 2008
Today I attended the funeral of a dear cousin (Elna Law Otteson). She was someone who I was always happy to see. She had such a sweet and warm smile. She made you feel like she was happy to see you also, or maybe even happier to see you than you were to see her. On the way home after the funeral I saw a bumper sticker that has officially become my favorite bumper sticker of all time -until a better one comes along. The bumper sticker was only four words, but those four words say a lot. They described Elna very well and also described something I have been thinking a lot about lately. The four words were “Wag more, Bark Less”. If everybody would live by those four words what a happy world we would live in. It would be the ultimate win win. So as you go about your daily duties complete with trials and troubles, as you interact with coworkers, clients, patients, neighbors, business associates, store clerks and checkers, and above all, enemies and family members, remember these four words and try to “Wag More and Bark Less”. I promise you that your life will be happier and more fulfilling and at your funeral they will talk about you the way they talked about Elna today.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing that. I like it. Today we were driving to lunch and Megan asked about my dog Walter that I had growing up. She loved hearing about how I took him to school in a backpack and how he drove around in my Jeep with me all of the time. He was a wagger (sp?). Today I will try to be like Walter.
Post a Comment