Originally posted on Feb. 18, 2008
On February 18, 19__, Jim and Gert had a beautiful baby girl. With the capable guidance and tender care of her parents and her older sisters this beautiful baby grew up to be a beautiful woman and after much cajoling, begging and pleading over 30 years ago she agreed to be my wife. There is no question that she is also my best friend. For all these years she has taken care of me, has kept a wonderful home that I am always very happy to come home to. She has tolerated separations as I was on military or other work duties where we have been apart for as much as six months, while she stayed home and took care of the children without ever a word of complaint. She has given birth to our children and then cared for them and taught them, and yet she has never made me feel like I was taking a back seat to them. She has been and still is an excellent counselor, often helping me decide what is right and important, sometimes when I didn’t really want to know. As we have built or remodeled houses she has been an excellent source for both decorating ideas and helping me to know different ways to do things that worked better than the way I was trying to do it. She has been a wonderful support to me, sometimes even when I wanted to do things that may have seemed risky or scary to her. At the same time she has stood steadfast when she felt something was too risky or just didn’t make sense. In matters of the Spirit she has been an example to me. I have a long way to go to catch up with her.
I am so glad she accepted my invitation (begging and pleading) to be part of my life and let me be part of hers.
I love you sweetheart!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment